Dr BSC Uzochukwu – Chairman, G&R Committee
Benjamin S. C. Uzochukwu is a Fellow of the West African College of Physicians (Community Health) and Consultant Community Medicine Physician at the University of Nigeria, Teaching Hospital Enugu. He is also a Professor of Public Health, Health Policy and Systems in the Department of Community Medicine and the Institute of Public Health of the University of Nigeria Nsukka. He has been working in various areas of public health for over 20 years and has over 150 publications in international and National Peer-reviewed journals and over 100 paper presentations in national and international conferences. He is the 86th inaugural lecturer of the University of Nigeria Nsukka.
Professor BSC Uzochukwu is a leading expert in Health Policy & Systems Research in Africa and Nigeria and has done extensive work focusing on epidemiology of vaccine preventable childhood diseases, Malaria, HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis. He has been involved in the generation of knowledge on social determinants of health, the effect of health sector reforms on tropical diseases;how to strengthen African health systems and key interventions which preferentially benefit the poorest. He has expertise in health policy and systems analysis, healthcare financing, implementation science research, getting research evidence into policy and practice as well as impact and realist evaluation of health programmes.
He has acted as a policy adviser and consultant to Nigeria’s Federal Ministry of Health in various areas, ECOWAS and Africa Malaria elimination programmes and ECOWAS forum on good practices in health. He has extensively collaborated with international agencies, including serving as Principal Investigator and co-Investigator of projects funded by the UK DFID, MRC, WHO andUNODC
He wasa member of the Accreditation and Quality Assurance committees and the chief examiner, Faculty of Community Health of the West African College of Physicians (WACP). He is the Chairman of Grants and Research Committee of WACP (Nigerian Chapter) and Director of Gants and Research of the West African College of Physicians.
He is an external examiner to various medical schools in Nigeria. He is also an external examiner to the Health Economics Unit, University of Cape Town, South Africa, Center for Health Policy, School of Public Health, University of Witwatersrand South Africa, and Ghana’s Postgraduate College of Physicians and Surgeons.
He is a member of various professional bodies including Nigerian Health Economics Association (NiHEA), West Africa Health Economics Network (WAHEN), African Health Economics Association (AfHEA), International Health Economics Association (iHEA), Epidemiological Association of Nigeria (EPISON), African Epidemiological Association (AEF). He is a foundation and executive board member of Association of Schools of Public Health in Africa (ASPHA) and National Chairman,Association of Public Health Physicians of Nigeria (APHPN).
He is a Knight of Good Shepherd (KGS) of the Anglican Communion of the Diocese of Enugu, Nigeria and married with five children.
Members of the team and their contact by faculty include;
Faculty of Paediatrics
- Dr Sunny Ochigbo (07063930682) - [email protected],
- Dr NMA Jiya (08036056405) - [email protected],
- Dr Oliemen Peterside (07068627904) - [email protected]
Faculty of Family Medicine
- Dr G Ogunfowokan – [email protected]
- Dr JKA Madaki – [email protected]
- Dr GUP Illoh - [email protected]
Faculty of Community Health
- Dr Olubukunola Omobuwa – [email protected]
- Dr Mansur Raji – [email protected]
- Dr C.C Okeke – [email protected]
- Dr Soji Daniel
Faculty of Internal Medicine
- Dr Kamilu Karaye – [email protected]
- Dr Ikenna Onwuekwe – [email protected]
- Dr Ejiro Umueri – [email protected]
Faculty of Psychiatry
- Dr Richard Uwakwe – [email protected]
- Dr Veronica Inyamale – [email protected]
- Dr Babagana Kundi – [email protected]
Faculty of Laboratory Medicine
- Dr Aliyu Ibrahim Lawan – [email protected]
- Dr Tewogbade Adeoye Adedeji – [email protected]
- Dr Mohammed M Manga – [email protected]
- Dr Esther Obi – [email protected]
CHAPTER RESEARCH AND GRANT FACILITATORS
- Dr Oliver Ezechi – [email protected] (08033065683)
- Dr Morenike Ukpong – [email protected] (07062920394)
- Dr Sola Ogunniyi – [email protected] or [email protected]
- Dr Obinna Oleribe - [email protected]
- Dr Abel Onunu – National Chairman/VP(Nigeria) – [email protected]
- Dr Akande A Adeyinka – National Secretary – [email protected]
- Dr Barbara Otaigbe – National Treasurer – [email protected]